Map of housing services in Shropshire

Face to face housing drop in sessions are now back! 

Find out more here

At risk of homelessness?


If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless there is help out there.

First contact the Housing Options Team at Shropshire Council. If you are likely to be made homeless in the next 56 days they can help you to remain in your home or assist you in finding alternative accommodation.

You can also call Shelter's Emergency Helpline to speak to a housing advisor if you're in need of urgent advice on 0808 800 4444 (weekdays 8AM-8PM, weekends 9AM-5PM)


Organisations who can help

  • Assessment of priority need under the Housing Act

  • Can provide temporary accommodation for those assessed as in priority need

  • General housing advice and information to private and council tenants and homeless people

0345 678 9005 

Outside of office hours please call 0345 678 9000


  • Helping landlords and tenants

  • Support with benefits claims, tenancy agreements and housing options

01743 231415



  • Advice and information for people who are homeless, or inadequately or inappropriately housed

  • Advice on finding accommodation, housing rights, benefits, drugs, health and money/debt

  • Run a bedsit scheme for young people

01743 341900



SHFA (1).png
  • For people aged over 25 with housing problems

  • Advice on homelessness, finding accommodation, housing rights and benefits

  • Tenancy support: obtaining rent in advance, rent accounts with private landlords, bond scheme

01743 231415



Housing Drop-ins

Housing associations across the county hold regular housing drop in sessions funded by Shropshire Council.


No matter what your housing situation, you can apply for assistance or attend a drop in session.

Sustain support can help you with:-

  • Budgeting - reducing household bills and making ends meet

  • Benefits - applications and appeals

  • Finding a new home, a lodger, house swap or house share 

  • Avoiding eviction 

  • Contacting services, groups and agencies 

  • Coping in your own home - managing your post, bills and appointments

  • Aids and adaptations - changing your property to suit your needs

  • Becoming involved in the community - activities, events and groups

  • Staying safe - coping with domestic violence, household security

  • Finding social care or help at home 


To make a direct referral for support call 0845 234 24 24 or 01743 285159 

Housing drops in are now back up and running!

Face to face housing drop in sessions were paused throughout the pandemic- but they are now up and running again. 

These sessions will offer advice on your housing situation and related benefits. They are open to anyone over the age of 16. They can help with a range of issues including but limited to:

-wanting to downsize/upsize

- those at risk of eviction due to rent arrears/job loss

-applications to the social housing register

- accessing sheltered housing

-adapting your home so it is safe and comfortable for you  (i.e. aids & adaptations, lifeline alarm and pendant units. )

See the details below for sessions running in your area.

Housing Support drop-in Oct 21.png
Housing Support drop-in CA (003).png
Housing Support drop-in Ludlow.png
Housing Support drop-in CS.png

In rented accommodation?


Citizens Advice

Citizen's Advice has lots of information on your rights and entitlements as a private tenant or if you're renting off the Council - including advice if you're struggling to pay your rent or facing eviction.


Visit their website



Shelter also has many resources on your rights and responsibilities in rented housing, including advice on negotiating a rent reduction and renting if you have a poor credit history.
Visit their website

Turn 2 Us

If you're struggling to pay your rent, Turn 2 Us lists grants, benefits or other financial support which could help you. You can also use their benefits calculator to work out what you're entitled to.

Visit their website


Own your own home?

If you're having difficulty paying your mortgage, there are government schemes which can help:
To find out more about these schemes visit Money Advice Service
House Sketch